BIG List of Summer Fun
Looking for things to do with your kids and about and about in Hampton Roads? Well, look no further than the BIG List of Summer Fun for ideas on things to do with your kids and by yourself!
Hampton Roads Moms loves the summer! And it’s not just for the awesome weather but the time outside we can spend as a family.
For this rundown, we have teamed up with other parent bloggers to give you a large list of ideas. Please visit their site and show them some love!
Out and About in Hampton Roads
- Have a beach day at one of the many beaches in Hampton Roads.
- Check out one of the great Parks in Hampton Roads.
- Go for a hike at Windsor Castle Park.
- Go back in History and visit the Jamestown Settlement.
- Visit the Virginia Aquarium.
- Go play at the Norfolk Slover Library.
- Go for a hike and make new friends with Hike it Baby.
- Visit a Splash Pad.
- Pack the best snacks when you take your toddler to the beach or park — Form our Friend at Fab Working Mom Life.
- Hike the Noland Trail in Newport News.
- Visit the Children’s Museum’s Rotating Exhibit.
- Get out with your kiddos to make new friends by joining one of the Local Mom Groups.
- Get outside and hike, swim or fish at First Landing State Park.
- Join the fun over at Pennewell Playgroup.
- Visit a Farmer’s Market.
- Plan a hike with your Preschooler. Check out these tips from Tinsel Box.
- Take your kids to pet Farm Animals at Bluebird Gap Farms.
- Check out our list of free things to do in Hampton Roads.
Things to Do at Home
- Tie-Dye Shirts — From our Friend at Muddy Boots and Diamonds.
- Make some delicious Flavored Lemonade — From our Friend at Love My Big Happy Family.
- Create a Summer Bucket List. Get some ideas on how to do that from our Friend at Major League Mommy.
- Read books with your children. For some suggestions, check out the Triplet Farm’s list of suggestions.
- Make a Ants on a Log with your kids.
- Get some fresh shrimp and make Shrimp Scampi.
- Find some free things to do with your kids. Check out these suggestions from Awesome Alice.
- Create your own Compost Garden at home with your kids.
- Teach your kids to do chores.
- Keep your kids learning by checking out these great websites suggested by Diary of a Deelexia Mom.
- Buy a ridiculous float for the pool.
- Drink some wine.
- Be adventurous with your kids! Check out For the Love of Mom’s list of 50 Summer Fun Activities.
- Grill up some local fish to make yummy Fish Tacos.
- Keep your kids away from the video games with fun activities. Check out Totally Mommed It for ideas.
- Get an inflatable pool to have pool parties at home.
- Spend some one-on-one time with your toddler with these suggestions from Everyone is Sleeping But Mom.
- Visit one of your pregnant friends that needs a break.
- Enjoy some much deserve “Me Time”.
- Read Emily Ley’s Book “Grace Not Perfection“.
- Laugh with a Mom about her failed attempt at baking.
- Start training for the J&A Shamrock Race weekend for next March.
- Sleep soundly knowing that your toddler isn’t the only jerk.
- Treat yourself to a new wardrobe to match your awesome Mom style.
- Spend some time with your girl friends.
- Treat yourself to a facial from Rodan + Fields.
- Appreciate Military Children.
- Learn about the CHKD Milk Bank and how you can help!
- Learn about United Through Reading, a philanthropy that helps families stay connected through deployments.